Beijing, July 04 (BAN/ AD): China has agreed to provide 2,500 tons of rice to the Rohingya refugees. Nine instruments have been signed between Bangladesh and China ranging from aid for the Rohingyas and economic and technical cooperation, investment, power, culture and tourism.
The nine instruments are as follows five agreements, three memorandums of understanding (MoUs) and a document — were inked after the bilateral talks between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang at the Great Hall of People Thursday morning, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque said.
Other instruments are:
1. Framework Agreement of ”Expansion and Strengthening of Power System Network under DPDC Area”
2. Framework Agreement of ”Power Grid Network Strengthening Project under PGCB Project”
3. Agreement on Economic and Technical Cooperation between the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the Government of the People’s Republic of China
4. Government Concessional Loan Agreement of ”Expansion and Strengthening of Power System Network under DPDC Area Project”
5. Preferential Buyer’s Credit Loan Agreement of ”Expansion and Strengthening of Power System Network under DPDC Area Project”
6. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the Establishment of Investment Cooperation Working Group
7. MoU and its Implementation Plan on hydrological information sharing of Yalu Zhangbo / Brahmaputra River
8. MoU on Cultural Exchange and Tourism Program