Dhaka, June 22 (BAN/ AD): A list of top 300 loan defaulters has been presented in parliament by Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal. In addition, he gave details of 14,617 individuals who borrowed more than Tk 50 million each from different banks and leasing companies since 2009 without repayment.
On Saturday FM gave the list in response to a question from ruling Awami League MP Md Israfil Alam.
The top 10 loan defaulters are:
- Chattogram’s Samannaj Super Oil
- Gazipur’s Galaxy Sweater and Yarn Dyeing
- Dhaka Savar’s Rimex Footwear
- Dhaka’s Quantum Power System
- Chattogram’s Mahin Enterprise
- Dhaka’s Rupali Composite
- Dhaka’s Crescent Leather Wear
- Chattogram’s SA Oil Refinery,
- Gazipur’s Suprov Composite Knit
- Grameen Shakti.
Total of Tk 509.42 billion is owed by top 300 defaulters to the different banks and financial institutions. The amount of bad debt in the last 39 months was Tk 432.1 billion, according to Kamal.