Colombo, July 13 (BAN/ AD): On Friday INTERPOL website showed 7030 Public Red Notices for persons and 13 of those are Sri Lankans wanted for crimes committed in Sri Lanka, India, Romania and Canada. But interestingly fugitive ex-Central Bank Governor Dr. Arjuna Mahendran, who is said to have masterminded the biggest financial scam is missing from list.
A red notice is a worldwide alarm for security agencies to arrest individuals and hand over the person. INTERPOL Red Notices are issued for fugitives wanted either for prosecution or to serve a sentence.
These notices are international alerts used by police to communicate information to their counterparts around the world. They are circulated by INTERPOL to all member countries at the request of a country or an authorized international entity. Interpol also issues Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, Orange, INTERPOL – UN Security Council special notices, Purple notices and Diffusions.
The 13 Sri Lankans on Red Notices list are as follows:
1. Nadaraja Sivaraj (45) wanted by Sri Lanka for aiding and abetting to assassinate former Minister Lakshman Kadiragamar
2. Viknarasa Selvanathan (31) wanted by Sri Lanka for Murder and Robbery
3. De Zoysa, Jagamuni Sajeewa (34) wanted by Sri Lanka for murder.
4. Anthony, Emil Luxmi Kanthan (42) wanted by Sri Lanka for criminal breach of trust and criminal misappropriation.
5. Munisamy Tharmaseelan (46) wanted by India for the possession of 2 hand grenades and 200 live ammunition.
6. Kumaraswamy Navaneethan (48) wanted by Romania for murder.
7. Ranjan Maran Udayakumar (53) wanted by India for cheating and criminal conspiracy
8. Mohamed Powmi (57) wanted by India for counterfeit currency and common intent.
9. Rmasamy Alageshan Madhawan wanted by India for cheating, forging, criminal conspiracy, passport tampering and under the Foreigners Act.
10. Manickavasagar Vigayarajah (38) wanted by Canada for first degree murder.
11. Nihaal (57) wanted by India for illegal possession of Heroin.
12. M K M Ramzi Mohamed wanted by India for criminal conspiracy, cheating with dishonesty inducing the delivery of property, forging.
13. Tharmalingam Shanmugam Kumaran (64) wanted by India for criminal conspiracy, violation of the Terrorism Act and the India Explosives Act